Wednesday, August 7, 2013

EOC 1: Great Customer Service

These days, decent customer service can be hit or miss. When you do actually receive it, you feel the need to tell all of your friends and family of this rare experience. Customer relationships and value are especially important in today’s tough economic times, when more frugal consumers are cutting back and spending more carefully. (Armstrong, Gary, Philip Kotler. Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Edition. Pearson Learning Solutions, <p.4>).Off the top of my head, the most recent time I had superb customer services was few weeks ago at Sephora. Immediately upon entering the store I was greeted by one of the sales associates; she told me to let her know if I had any questions or needed assistance. As I wondered aimlessly around the store examining the latest summer products, I noticed that all of the sales associates were checking in with customers in their area to make sure they were okay. Eventually I began looking at tinted moisturizers, the reason I went to Sephora. I had a done a little bit of research online before coming to the store however I still needed a hands on experience before purchased the product. The minute I looked up, the original sales associate that greeted me at the door was heading in my direction with a bright smile on her face. After I explained to her what I was looking for, she excitedly led me around store to some of their best selling products. Along the way she explained all the pros and cons of each and sampled a little on my hand for me to see. I truly appreciated the one on one interaction with her. She was able to maintain this even when other customers tried to ask her questions. She was able to fluidly redirect towards on sales associate on the floor. This impressed me since it in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday and the store was packed with customers. I finally settled on a product and headed towards the cash registers, I thanked her for her input. It is experiences like this that have made me a loyal customer at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment